Jupiter may be the king of the planets, but Saturn is the progenitor, named for the powerful and terrible Titan that fathered the gods themselves. Saturn is the lord of Time, Age, and Endings. And when everything else disperses into a heat death and the cosmos is an empty void, it is Time that will rule over all.
Bullet point form:
- Word count is 500-10,000
- Poems will be accepted
- Reprints will be accepted
- Simultaneous submissions will be accepted
- Stories can be about the actual planet Saturn, time, age, and endings. The Titan Saturn may also feature.
- Submissions should be in standard manuscript format, though please italicize instead of underline when appropriate. If the story is not in standard manuscript format, it may be rejected without being read. Seriously. I’m not kidding here. For that matter, ditto if the stories are under 500 words or over 10,000.
- The subject line should look like this: SATURN SUBMISSION/Story Title/Author Last Name
- The deadline is July 15, 2020.
- The submission e-mail is the editor’s Bokerah Brumley at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lord of the Sea. Ruler of Pisces. Exalted in Cancer.
Mythologically, Neptune is associated with the sea, navigation, springs, horses, and racing. Astrologically, Neptune associated with idealism, dreams, dissolution, artistry, fluidity, illusion, and glamor. Astronomically, it is the beautiful sea-blue eighth planet.
All these together tie into what we think of when we hear “Neptune.”
Stories working with the genre conventions of Fantasy, Science Fiction, Weird/Pulp, or anywhere between will be considered. [Jake adds: That’s pretty broad, but if you’re not sure, feel free to pitch an idea.]
• Word count is 1,000 – 10,000
• Poems will be accepted
• Reprints will be accepted
• Stories may be connected to Neptune astronomically, mythologically, or astrologically, as you prefer
Please submit to the editor, Jake Freivald, directly at
Subject line should appear as follows: Neptune Submission/Story Title/Author SurnameTentative submissions close date: You can submit until it’s no longer July 6, 2020 or earlier anywhere in the world.
Anthology: Space Force: Building a Legacy
Time Frame: Present to 2120
Length: 1500 – 5000 (no poetry this issue)
Pay: Split 30% net royalties
Deadline: March 15, 2020
Submit to: email@example.com
Stories are in the spirit of Heinlein’s The Long Watch, however, the story does not have to be a tragedy.